Friday, July 15, 2016

The Power of Words




I read a book recently, yes the whole book in one sitting.  Well most of it anyway. When I realized the direction the book was taking, I went to the ending.  Do you ever do that??  I ended up crying at the last chapter.  The book was a departure from my regular reading.  I did not like the language, and the ending left me feeling somewhat that the author was giving liberty that violates moral and ethical laws.  However, at the end, as I was weeping, her words dug deep into my heart.  I've been too sensitive these last few years, things happening in my own life that have ripped me apart. 

 All day long the words sifted through my mind.  I've always been a reader, and books have held a special attraction to me. So much so that I can vividly imagine in my mind the cast of characters, the plot and the story line.  I can see the buildings, the furnishings, the costumes.  I envision the people, what they look like, their expressions.  It's like a movie theater runs in my mind and I see the whole production.  So when the words run deep......... my heart tends to follow.

Do you ever think about how we get involved in the thoughts of the world?  This book made me pause and think about how easily we throw our feelings and emotions into the ring.  Yet the only one and true answer to all of life's difficulties lies in God's Word.

Eph 2:3-5

Among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.  
But God,  
being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ – by grace you have been saved.

BUT GOD!!  in his rich mercy and because of HIS great love - saved me!  There are no more powerful words then these.

No comments:

Post a Comment