Thursday, July 28, 2016

Old Chairs

I love old chairs. There's just something about their charm and grace that's so inviting. Whenever I see an old chair in an antique shop or a thrift store, I want to bring it home with me. Of course that's just not possible. There should be a sign outside my house - "Home for wayward and lost chairs".

My daughter was making some changes in her room. She asked if I would swap a chair she had in her room for a smaller one in our living room. I thought it was a great idea, and in the process, we rearranged furniture in the living room.

I've fallen in love with this chair.

It is big, and comfy AND short :-) I'm not very tall, and sometimes my feet barely reach the floor when I sit in an easy chair. This chair has compassion for shorter people. It's old and bumpy, but it encompasses me with it's warm inviting arms. I can sit in this chair and read, or watch the butterflys outside.

I love sitting here, wrapped up in a good book and a cup of tea.


"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort, of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away."
~ George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment