Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Sweet Memories

Sometimes November starts out on a sad note. My mother's birthday was in November. She also died in November. I was a young bride when she passed away. So I did not have all the years that many people have with their parents.


But another very special lady stepped into her shoes.

She was my teacher, my friend, and my soul mate in treasure hunting for over 30 years. I used to tag along with her to yard sales, antique shops and all kinds of second hand stores. She loved paper weights, and she also loved vases. She had quite a collection of both. She had a heart of gold. She loved her kitties and was a generous friend to everyone she met. She shared her stories with me. About her youth, growing up a little on the wild side. About the time when her husband was away in the war, and so many of her adventures.She certainly loved life, and lived it to the fullest.

She loved my children and was a huge part of their growing up years. She never had children of her own, but she "adopted" me and became like a grandmother to my own children.




I think of her during this time of year, on the day it would have been her birthday. She lived to be 96, although her last few years were less active, she knew all of us and loved us still. We were blessed to  have her in our lives, and I cherish the sweet memories that she so freely gave from her heart.

Thank you Hanna.



1 comment:

  1. I have a friend like that, and I'm afraid I'll lose her soon. I don't get to see her often, since she lives over 600 miles away.

    ReplyDelete