Thursday, November 17, 2016

Spread your wings

Every year, this is a day of thoughts and memories. Every year I try not to allow this day to get me down, or swallow me up. But there are just some things you cannot forget.

Thirty seven years ago my sweet Mom left her place here on earth and walked the streets of gold. She left suddenly and quickly. Which does not make it easy on family.

"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted."

I know thirty seven years seems like a very long time, but when you are young and you lose your Mom, there is a hole left in your heart. It really does not heal, but it becomes like a wound that has a scar over it. You always know it is there.

With time the pain does subside, but the memories are still there. And I am so thankful that our loving Lord comes along side of me to lift me up on the days when the memories bring back pangs of pain.

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Spread your wings............

No comments:

Post a Comment