Monday, September 19, 2016

If you could...

...marry a fictional character, who would it be?

That was a question posed on a recent Kill Zone blog post. It had me thinking. Not specifically about who I would marry. But who is it that inspires my characters.

After being married for a long time, over 40 years, I think you become one skin. Because we married young, I've always said we grew up together. Good and bad times intertwine throughout the lives we have shared. So where does the inspiration come in?

As a businessman, and avid sportsman, I admire this man for many different reasons. He has taught me so much over the years. Courage, discipline, determination, strength, faithfulness, integrity, honesty, compassion, hospitality, friendship. Wow, the list could go on!

These are the traits I weave into my characters. It is something that has been walked out in the life of the man I've lived with longer than anyone on this earth. He has consistently shown his faith in God, even when times were tough. God has always been at his right hand.

And truthfully, I can't imagine the characters that walk around in my head being any different.

If you could marry any fictional character, who would that be?

1 comment:

  1. Quigley, from Quigley Down Under. Honest, upstanding, treats all people fairly, fights injustice.

    ReplyDelete