Monday, January 13, 2020

The Land Beneath Us

 The Land Beneath Us


If you enjoy reading historical fiction, especially books about WWII, you might enjoy this story. The third book in the Sunrise at Normandy series, this one is again well researched.  

I have loved every one of Ms. Sundin's books, but I found this one not among my favorites. With a slow moving start, the story had a little too much violence for me personally. The story behind the Paxton brothers and the anger it generated, gave Clay having a recurring dream concerning his own death. He struggles with forgiveness, yet in the end there is redemption and hope. It was sad to see so many thoughts of worthlessness and guilt in both Clay and Leah. 

However Susan Sundin is an exceptional author, who has a keen eye on history and accuracy.

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. This is my honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment