Thursday, February 28, 2019

God's Promises


For the last week or so we have had a bird who is singing the praises of Spring. Well singing, might not really be the appropriate word. Let's just say, this bird has been screeching, chattering, hollering, and on occasion singing.

It's a Mockingbird and she is either very mad or very happy. I cannot really tell, mostly because I don't speak bird. But she has been insistent in her call. She starts early every morning and does not stop until the sun is gone for the day.

I've also noticed a white cat roaming around in our neighborhood. One day as I was pulling up into our driveway I saw the white cat running out of our yard. Hummm......... could there be some sort of connection here?

Every morning I go out to check our little tomato plants and give them a drink of water. This morning I heard Mrs. Mockingbird singing once again. But then it all stopped. I wondered why. And then I heard the rain. The pouring down rain.

So my little Mockingbird friend has found some cover and has silenced her song. The rain won't last long. It's a much needed Spring shower, doing a better job at watering my small garden and will soon pass.

But I think of Mrs. Mockingbird. Is she mourning the loss of her little eggs? She flits about here and there. I don't know, but she does.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God.
"Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.
"And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God,
"but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God. "
Luke 12:6-9

We have storms and rain that pass our way but may your day be full of Sunshine, Spring flowers and God's promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment