Wednesday, August 16, 2017

My Anchor Man


"Now this is the commandment, the statues and the rules that the Lord your God commanded me to teach you, that you may do them in the land to which you are going over, to possess it. that you may fear the Lord your God, you and your son and your son's son, by keeping all his statures and his commandments, which I command you, all the days of your life, and that your days may be long. " Deuteronomy 6: 1-2

Recently, when I was driving, I heard a message on the radio. It was about the Anchor Man. The more I listened to this program, I was hearing about my Anchor Man.

My admiration goes beyond understanding. I've seen this walked out in the life of my own Anchor Man. A man of integrity and honesty and faithfulness.

God always has His men. He always has a remnant of faithful men who love God and are anchored on Jesus Christ.

An Anchor man is a man who will have no other gods before them.

Men who will not make graven images. They love the Lord their God with all of their heart, soul and mind.

Men who will not take the Lord's name in vain.

Men who are motivated to work, but not so much that they won't take one day of rest.

Men who honor their fathers and mothers, and are helping to care for them.

Men who will not murder.

Men who will not steal things, whether it is possessions or someone's character.

Men who will not bear false witness.

Men who are a one-woman man.

Men who do not covet but are content and thankful for the blessings God has given them.

I am thankful for the covenant relationship I have with my Anchor Man. I have been blessed to learn from this man who places Christ first in his life every single day.

So this week I am wishing him a Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment