Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Simple Gift


The other day I heard about a random act of kindness at a coffee drive-thru. Someone paid for the coffee of the one behind him in the drive-thru. That driver then paid for the one behind him. The simple act of goodwill spread six cars back. I love stories like that. I don't think that I am a giving person often enough, but yet when I hear stories like that I want to be a giver. I want to be kind to strangers. Giving inspires giving. Kindness inspires kindness.

Typically simple acts of kindness and giving are more prevalent during this time of year. When you are kind, you inspire kindness in others. Have you ever walked past someone who looked unhappy? By sharing a smile with them, they in turn smile back. It is is a simple act of kindness and in a way a simple gift. When you give to others, you infect them with a generous spirit. The next 25 days before Christmas are going to be full and busy, and maybe even a little hectic at times. It is easy to miss the chance to give a simple gift.

I am thankful for simple gifts. A hug from a child, a smile from a stranger, kind words that encourage.

As we walk out on this first day of December, share a simple gift :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment