Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day


Mother's Day is a special day. Not everyone is a Mother, but we've all had a Mom in our lives. Whether it was a natural Mother, an adopted one, or just a special woman who came along side to encourage you. My own Mom went to be with the Lord when I was in my 20's, but there have been women who stood in her place. I am thankful for God's mercies to allow me to share special "Mom" time with these women.

If your Mother is still living, be sure to give her a hug. And if your Mother is already gone, find someone who could really use a hug. It could be a relative, a friend, a neighbor, or even an acquaintance. In the Bible we see when Jesus hung on the cross, he gave His own Mother into John's safe keeping (John 19:26-27). I'm sure after Jesus died, Mary needed a hug. And when the Lord returned from the grave, in my heart of hearts, I know He hugged His Mother. Mary probably treasured those moments, just as she did when the shepherds told of the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:19).

May the Lord bless each one of you, whether you are a daughter, Mother, Grandmother, sister, niece, friend or neighbor. Everyone deserves to be remembered.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of 'adopted' mothers over the years. Thank goodness I still have my mother and mother-in-law. I reached out to both of them.

    ReplyDelete